In Prospector for Plastics, Plastics Additives and Metals, the most popular feature is the ability to compare plastics materials side by side. This can be particularly helpful when analyzing multiple products or researching competitive grades.
Here are two ways to compare up to five plastics materials in Prospector:
1. Compare Plastics materials from search results
Use any material search to access the search results table, then follow these steps:
- Step 1: from the search results page, checkmark up to 5 boxes associated with the materials you would like to compare.
- Step 2: click the ‘Action’ button and choose ‘Compare’.
2. Compare Plastics materials from different searches
If you need to compare a grade you are currently using with other products in Prospector, or you would like to look at two or more grades to see how they compare competitively, you can do so from from multiple searches. Here’s how:
- Step 1: using the keyword search at the top of Prospector, search for a material.
- Step 2: once the results page appears, checkmark the box associated with the material you searched.
- Step 3: using the keyword search again, search for another material.
- Step 4: checkmark the box associated with that material in the search results, then click the ‘Action’ button and choose ‘Compare’.
Download or email comparison datasheets right from the datasheet!
Add Compare to Your Prospector Account
The Compare feature is available with a subscription to any of Prospector’s plans. We offer both monthly and yearly subscription options to best suit your needs.
The views, opinions and technical analyses presented here are those of the author, and are not necessarily those of UL, ULProspector.com or Knowledge.ULProspector.com. While the editors of this site make every effort to verify the accuracy of its content, we assume no responsibility for errors made by the author, editorial staff or any other contributor. All content is subject to copyright and may not be reproduced without prior authorization from Prospector.