Since Prospector® was introduced in 1986, we have made continual improvements to better address the needs of our users. Evolution is a critical process necessary to make any service more effective. To that end, we’re working to build a simpler Prospector for Plastics, Additives and Metals while still retaining the key functionality that people frequently use. The updates highlighted below include search engine improvements that you will see in the next few months and throughout this year.
Simplified navigation and design – Coming June 27, 2017
- A new layout with a cleaner presentation of searches and data displays.
- A brand-new navigation bar.
- Left side navigation.
- Right side search, results and datasheet display.
- Collapsable left navigation to allow for more space in the search and data display area.
- Dashboard view to quickly access recently viewed products, load recent searches and view new materials.
- Easily reference new and on-demand webinars, articles and industry news.
New search and data display
After the summer release, you will notice additional rolling updates to Prospector throughout the remainder of 2017. You’ll learn about updates through our monthly newsletters, notifications when you’re logged into Prospector, and when appropriate, we will send you an email. A few improvements to watch for include:
- Faster searching – we are re-architecting Prospector ‘behind-the-scenes’ to speed up searches so that you can find answers even faster!
- New search and data display – as you enter search criteria, search results will render instantly making it easier for you to modify your search and easily navigate thousands of materials.
Share Your Ideas!
We invite you to become a tester of early unreleased versions of Prospector. As a tester, you will receive invitations to preview and provide feedback on new features before they are released publicly.
The views, opinions and technical analyses presented here are those of the author, and are not necessarily those of UL, ULProspector.com or Knowledge.ULProspector.com. While the editors of this site make every effort to verify the accuracy of its content, we assume no responsibility for errors made by the author, editorial staff or any other contributor. All content is subject to copyright and may not be reproduced without prior authorization from Prospector.